Friday, November 1, 2013

CM Blog Circle 2013: October's Challenge: Spooky


    

 I  participate in a monthly blog circle through Clickin Moms where we take on challenges to shoot something under a given topic each month and we all share what we did in our blogs and link to one another. This month the theme was : SPOOKY. 



    Ha! This theme is about as far as it gets from my normal subjects that tend to be adorable, cute and cuddly, so I knew that switching from fall family session mode to spooky-mode would be a challenge. I went to a Lake House with my mom and kids this month and although it could not have been more gorgeous, it is easy to create scary thoughts in your mind while out in the middle of the woods and there were definitely plenty of spooky image opportunities, but I honestly was trying to recharge and take a break from my camera and I only got one this time. This tree was outside of my bedroom window and even my mom knew what I was talking about when I mentioned I needed to get a picture of the spooky tree before telling her which one. There was just something eerie about it at night and even in the daytime a bit too. So there ya have it..be afraid, be very afraid ;)  







Check out Michelle's Spooky: HERE




8 comments:

Cary said...

Definitely spooky tree!

Holly Thompson said...

LOVE the spooky tree, Lisa! Your choice to center-compose this is brilliant and your processing is spot-on. Well done!

Andrea Heffernan said...

Your processing here gives this image the right touch!

Anonymous said...

I love images of trees.....You've got the spooky down! Love the black and white conversion.

Ashley Carlon said...

Very spooky tree- that is funny that your mom even knew which tree you were talking about without seeing. Your processing fits the mood perfectly too!

*Michelle Barnes Photography* said...

This reminds me of a scene from a horror film - the tree definitely has that spooky creepy feel! nice!

Debbie said...

This tree definitely has a creepy & spooky feel to it!! Great job!!

Claire Lane said...

There's something about trees isn't there? Great spooky image!